help, bolt not wanting to come out

Jim, yeah you can feel them bt the one closest to bottom is actually fairly deep, compared to the rest that is what makes me think it is an issue with chamber, that being said if I jiggle the bolt back and forth I can get them to extract a little easier, but not always I had one heck of a time getting one to eject last time I shot this rifle. 308 004.jpgThis is a pic of bolt not sure what if anything you can tell from this. Thanks, also none of my other rifles ever show these rings.

not enough primary extraction. if you have enough primary extraction and a rough chamber you would be pulling the rims off.

so that eliminates the rough chamber and means you have little to no primary or cam left between the cam surfaces.

are you talking about on the back of the bolt befor it gives that bump to push the bolt out? would the easiest fix be getting a new bolt?

you can have a new handle tig welded on in the proper location on your existing bolt, getting a new bolt is not always the best or easiest as your headspace may change.

Jim,
Got my problem resolved this morning after a trip to my smith he polished my chamber checked head space and all is good brought barreld action back home reinstalled stock, base, and scope retorqued everything. after a couple of shoots everything is good accuracy did not suffer any still shooting one hole groups. Over all I am extremly happy. Bolt lift is so much better than it was and no scratches on case, all good.

I should have added he only charged me $35.00 I didn't feel that was too bad at all in fact I gave him $50.00, I'm happy that was all it was.

so the bolt is not in the right position to get enough primary extraction, does anyone know who can reweld this for me? my gunsmith said he can go it but he would rather a professional get it done

so the bolt is not in the right position to get enough primary extraction, does anyone know who can reweld this for me? my gunsmith said he can go it but he would rather a professional get it done

Nathan Dagley at Straight Shot Gunsmithing is very good, as is Dans accu-tig

Guess you were not quite as lucky, sorry to hear that. If that is a new rifle I would have Rem. make it good if it was me. Good luck, let us know what you come up with.

i am trying to get with remington and see what is gonna happen i will let you guys know how they handle it being the gun is new and has only had few rounds thru it

just an update everyone remington is fixing my gun repolishing the chamber for a fee of 20 dollars just to cover shipping i think that is great

just an update everyone remington is fixing my gun repolishing the chamber for a fee of 20 dollars just to cover shipping i think that is great

That is great and I'm happy for you.

On a side note: Remington should take care of everything, including freight both ways if, after their inspection, it truelly was a problem before they shipped it out, JMO. Customer service in the world seems to be getting worse, not better.

I can see where you're coming from in that it is only going to cost a minor amount to get the problem resolved but quite frankly - Remington's poor manufacturing/assembly/inspection caused the problem so they should stand the burden of all costs.

Overall I hope everything turns out well and all the frustration subsides.

Can I ask what type of Remington 700 and caliber???

I have a great friend with the exact issue... his is a 7mm Rem... SPS. Wondering if by chance it would be the same for him or a "run" in Remy's production that maybe just passed the QC folks.

Thanks for the info.
H2

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.