HELP!! 2 seperate shot groups ?

pjogrinc

I'm getting 2 seperate shot groups, horizontally, exactly the same elevation.

Background info:

All rifles tried so far are in 308. Doing it with both reloaded and factory ammo. All rifles are scoped and with different manufacturers scope.

Started with one rifle, 700VLS early this spring, then went away, now back again today.

Showing up on my Rem 40X on 2 targets on the same day in mid summer and has not showed up again.

Now today, it is showing up on my new rifle, an Armalite AR-10 NM.

Tried the AR-10 and the 700VLS, both with the factory and reload ammo and both are doing the same thing this afternoon.
100 yd - Calm, full sun from 6 to 7 oclock and under a covered shooting point, shooting north.
300 yd - Calm, full sun from 9 - 10 oclock and under a covered shooting point shooting west.

Strange thing is the groups are excellent tight groups, exactly 1.1 inches apart horizontally at 100 yards and 3.4 inches apart horizontally at 300 yards.

What the heck is going on ?????

I have been told I have cataracts, can that be causing it ??

I would say if it comes and goes and with factory and hand loads its in the shooter but have you tried letting someone else shoot the rifles to see if they have the same thing happen?

Yes. He has no problem.

It's me or my eyes.

I know on iron sights, the front sight curves to the left slightly or jumps to the left occasionally when I blink. If I use a diopter on my shooting glasses when shooting iron sights, no perscription, that problem goes away.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts