Hells Canyon rifles

Royal Knight

What is all the stir about the Browning Hells Canyon Rifles. I know there are several versions. Alot a people seem to be wanting these rifles. Even the ones with out the McMillion stocks. Am I missing something?

IMG_0242.JPG Light weight, Cerecoated, muzzle brake, fairy nice trigger and they are quite accurate. A friend killed a Az desert bighorn at 612 yds, one shot with a 6.5 CM Hells Canyon Speed.

What is all the stir about the Browning Hells Canyon Rifles. I know there are several versions. Alot a people seem to be wanting these rifles. Even the ones with out the McMillion stocks. Am I missing something?
I shot a couple last year and was unimpressed. The triggers were horrible.

I have a buddy that has one. We are working to get it zeroed. The barrel break in is still in progress and accuracy is just over 1 MOA at this time with factory ammo. I do not shoot the gun well as the trigger is way to heavy with some creep for my Jewel trained trigger finger, but my buddy shoots it pretty well. Load development and continued barrel break in should continue to improve the gun. I think it will become a good 500 yard hunting rig.

If I heard right, these rifles are the first manufacturer to go to faster twist rates. I think 7mm is 8.
Yes. Not at first, but most all of the newer rifles in 7mm chamberings are rocking a 1:8" twist barrel. They are the first factory produced rifles with a modern twisted 7mm barrel. It almost makes me want to buy one, despite not being a big fan of the X-Bolt and their detachable magazine setup. For the record, I love Browning A-Bolt II rifles, just not the X-Bolt for various fundamental reasons (like the plastic detachable mag, etc...).

I have a buddy that has one. We are working to get it zeroed. The barrel break in is still in progress and accuracy is just over 1 MOA at this time with factory ammo. I do not shoot the gun well as the trigger is way to heavy with some creep for my Jewel trained trigger finger, but my buddy shoots it pretty well. Load development and continued barrel break in should continue to improve the gun. I think it will become a good 500 yard hunting rig.
Timney makes drop-in aftermarket triggers for the X-Bolt rifles, and they're really affordable.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019864053/timney-rifle-trigger-browning-x-bolt-15-to-4-lb-black

I have a couple, they are both shooters. For the money you get a lot of custom touches that would cost a bunch on a full custom build. 60 degree bolt throw is awesome also. Just adding the $15 trigger spring makes a world of difference, both mine break at exactly 2 lbs, every time. I wish they had a more conventional mag box like the A bolt, but the mags are longer than the A bolts, can't have the best of both worlds I guess!

I'd buy another in a heart beat.

Recent Posts