Hells Canyon rifles

My only gripe about the Hells Canyon is that you are sending dollars overseas. There are plenty of great rifles made in USA for same price range. Christiansen comes to mind as a better choice than a Hells Canyon. My buddy purchased a Mesa Long Range recently, only drawback is the 1:10 twist for some of the heavier copper bullets. It's shooting 1/2 moa so far, so is my Ridgeline.

Aren't those CA rifles more expensive?
Every price I have seen is about 300.00 more for the mesa and 600.00 more for the Ridgeline compare to the Browning. Not the same price IMO.

I held a Hells Canyon McMillan in Cabela's, sweet rifle, great stock, fluted barrel, ceracote and pic rail. I'm thinking of 28 Nosler, Browning was offering a rebate there for awhile. I've only heard great things about them.

I held a Hells Canyon McMillan in Cabela's, sweet rifle, great stock, fluted barrel, ceracote and pic rail. I'm thinking of 28 Nosler, Browning was offering a rebate there for awhile. I've only heard great things about them.
If I had the cash, I'd have a HC LR McMillan (2018 model with the 1:8 twist) in .28 Nosler sitting in my safe waiting for deer season to roll around. I've had 3 boxes of Berger 195's sitting on the shelf since the very first run of them years ago...But nothing to shoot them out of... Nothing I have has less than a 1:9 twist, and almost all my rifles have fairly fresh barrels. Just waiting for a big raise or a good excuse to order a 1:8 Proof CF barrel for my custom A-Bolt II 7mmRM.

If I had the cash, I'd have a HC LR McMillan (2018 model with the 1:8 twist) in .28 Nosler sitting in my safe waiting for deer season to roll around. I've had 3 boxes of Berger 195's sitting on the shelf since the very first run of them years ago...But nothing to shoot them out of... Nothing I have has less than a 1:9 twist, and almost all my rifles have fairly fresh barrels. Just waiting for a big raise or a good excuse to order a 1:8 Proof CF barrel for my custom A-Bolt II 7mmRM.
Sell those 195's they are in high demand
and shoot 162's

I bought one in 28 last winter. It has the older 9 twist barrel, but I live at 5000' and hunt at 8000'+ so 9 is plenty of twist for 180's and higher. Mine really likes the 180 ELD-M, my starting load was 86 grains of RL33, it went in the .4's @ 3185 fps. I went as high as 88.5 and 3275 fps, groups were still sub MOA at that speed, but I din;t see the need to chase that last bit of speed. I bet its over 3200 now since I've got 100 rounds down the barrel. Definitely a lot of rifle for the $1725 I paid for it.

Sell those 195's they are in high demand
and shoot 162's
I have shot 168 VLD's for years with great success, but would like to get some 175 Elite Hunters and work up a load before season starts.

I couldn't see parting with those 195's... Sooner or later I'll have something to shoot them in.

Hell's Canyon Long Range with the McMillan stock chambered in 28 Nosler is going to be my next purchase. Lot of rifle for the money, IMO.
I think shooting the 180gr ELD-M @ 3,200-3,100fps would an awesome setup for shooting antelope and elk @ 500+ yards