Hello, I'm Darryl, and I ain't right

Darryl

At least that's what the wife tells me. I hail from SW Ohio home of the Bengals, and Reds. I enjoy long-range shooting, but let me put that in perspective. I have a air rifle that groups well at 70 yards, does sub MOA too. I happened upon this site because I bought this scope: BSA Tactical Mil-Mil Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 4-14x 44mm Side Focus 1/10 and wanted to learn something about the differences between an the MOA and the Mrad reticles. This scope has the Mrad reticle. I think bought it for the FFP. I guess the wife was right again. Reading here I came to understand there are FFP scopes with MOA/Mil-dot reticles. What can I say buy..D'oh!! :D Guess I like a challenge.
Anyway I hope to absorb some knowledge here through the search function. This seems to be a great place to be!
darryl

At least that's what the wife tells me. I hail from SW Ohio home of the Bengals, and Reds. I enjoy long-range shooting, but let me put that in perspective. I have a air rifle that groups well at 70 yards, does sub MOA too. I happened upon this site because I bought this scope: BSA Tactical Mil-Mil Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 4-14x 44mm Side Focus 1/10 and wanted to learn something about the differences between an the MOA and the Mrad reticles. This scope has the Mrad reticle. I think bought it for the FFP. I guess the wife was right again. Reading here I came to understand there are FFP scopes with MOA/Mil-dot reticles. What can I say buy..D'oh!! :D Guess I like a challenge.
Anyway I hope to absorb some knowledge here through the search function. This seems to be a great place to be!
darryl

Hey Darryl

hi, and welcome
dont let your wife put you down man! Go out and buy a propper scope for your rifle then tell her she was right after all and get yourself a propper rifle for your scope:D

hi, and welcome
dont let your wife put you down man! Go out and buy a propper scope for your rifle then tell her she was right after all and get yourself a propper rifle for your scope:D
g0rd0, I said I ain't right, but that don't mean I'm stupid!:D Actually, I've been impressed by shooters that can really reach out and touch something, espcially when watching those shooting competitions shows where they have to hit targets way out there (like Top-shot, or whatever it was called). Of course with precharged pneumatic
(PCP) air rifles, doing a sub MOA at 100 yards is drool-worthy. Most guys feel good getting tiny 5-shot groupings at 30 and 50 yards, me included. These ain't powder-burners, but some guys will spend lots of money (as is $2500.00) to have the state-of-the-art air rifle: electronic triggers, and air pressure management,and that's not even talking scopes.
Me? I'm poor, relative to most in the hobby. I buy used "classics", and have been lucky that way, buying from individuals. The scope I just bought will sit on an air rifle that's been out of production for several years now, and is in the tiny .177 caliber. but it makes a nice ragged hole at 40 yards (with many shots passing through).
I shoot informal competitions with a couple of different groups, though one is more formal than the other group;plinkers, like me. I mainly compete with my .22 rifle for the greater stability of that size pellet in the wind (breeze). Some shoot .25, and there's always the 9mm, and new .303 rifles showing up somewhere. Too rich for my blood.

Anyway, my little .177 will get a new scope to help control that awesome 22 FPE of squirrel-brain-splattering energy. It's the least (most) I can do. I'll have a scope to sell (to put back some of the $$ I took from the budget). You may not realize it, but it's slo-fo-da-po!:)
darryl

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.