Hello From West Virginia

Dannyd

I'm new here and from West Virginia

I started hunting 5 years ago at the age of 42 (tansplanted Long Islander who never even thought of hunting)

Recently began reloading which is the main driver for joining this forum. I own a 7MM Rem Mag, 243 win, 30-30, a few 22LR's, 50 cal ML, and 45ACP. Loading for all but the 22's of course.

I look forward to learning a lot from the members here. Hopefully one day i can contribute.

Hi Dannyd, Welcome to long range hunting this is a great site these guys really know thier stuff when it comes to LRH. What kind of 45 ACP do you have?

Bigbuck

Bigbuck,
I have a Ruger P97 DC. I've had it a few months now. Just bought the dies and 230G FMJ bullets. Still looking at powders.

Dannyd, I just recently purchased a Kimber 45 ACP I'm going to load for it as well . My dad has a Kimber tactical 2 custom and I shot it once and had to have one . I like the 45 acp it hits were I point it and I don't consider myself a pistol shooter at all .

Bigbuck

DannyD, what's a LI boy doing in W. Virginia? What part of LI did you live?

Dannyd, Bethpage know it well. Heard they closed the Huntington and Islip ranges...shame. Lived in Melville almost 27 years, left in the 80's. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lot of good info. Enjoy

Last edited:
I think you'll live living and hunting in WV. I grew up just outside of Oceana WV. Went to college at WVU then lived in Beckley for a while and then Charleston for 1.5years. If you know where to look, you can find some huge deer.

What part of the state are you in?

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.