Hello from Tucson

leadlober

Looking forward to "expanding my range" and learning from those who have been there and done that. I would like to get involved in long range target shooting and hope to learn more about the sport and how to get started with the right rifle and optics. Glad to be here! Leadlober

Welcome. This is a great site and if you have the time to read and willingness to ask there are some great people willing to help give you info. PS I am also from Tucson!

Thanks for the Welcomes! I picked up a Remington 700 VSSF in .22-.250 recently and have been reading in the optics threads. I plan to use this rifle for coyotes but would like to keep in practice by shooting silhouettes between hunts. I know it is not a light rifle to carry around, but is lighter than the Savage 110V w/target stock I used to lug about, many years ago. So now the decisions on a quality scope and mounts to get the job done and of course a bipod, dies, brass-bullets-primers-powders-load data and.... I have many choices to make and questions to ask under other headings. Leadlober

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.