Hello from the Home of RCBS

Brian49

I started reloading in about 65 and now load for 6 long and short guns. My 2 neighbors where i grew up North of Redding were reloaders, wildcaters, and one was a rifle builder, they got me going reloading and hunting. In 71 I bought a 22-250 from one of them which got me shooting smaller targets at long ranges up in Siskiyou Co. where I worked at the time. I hunt locally for Coyotes and still treck back to Siskiyou Co. for Chucks and Gophers. I also have been attempting to work up a consistant accurate load for my .300 win mag which i got about 2 yrs ago, but have not got it yet!!!

Last edited:
Well it certainly seems an uphill battle to work up a load with 1 hand tied behind your back. How ya doin down there in ''monometal bullet-ville'' (condors my butt!) You guys got hosed! Im sure with some work your efforts will pay off. Nice to see you joined L/R/H

thanks for the reply. Huntington's is the Store that Fred Huntington started for his RCBS products, its a great store hwith a great staff and has about everything, just somewhat over priced for many of the items. The plant next door has been bought and sold several times, but still sells under RCBS. I'm working a new loads for the 22-250 but will start on the .300 again soon. On the condors, they are about 600 mileSouth of us here, in that part of Ca. ya want to stay away from.

I have had real good success with the following for the 300 win mag:
CCI 250 mag primers
H-1000 - start around 75 grains is where Barnes suggest you start and work your way up.
Barnes 180gr ttsx bullets - seated .040 off the lands.

My Sendero will consistently shoot cloverleafs with them at 200 yards - have not had the opportunity to shoot beyond 200yds yet.

good info and thanks, I'll save the info. I have not shot Barnes or that powder, but have a good friend that does. I'll give it a try.

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.