Hello from SW Oregon

cmfi3

Hello, Been cruzin' this site for a while now, great site with some great knowlegable people. Im 27 years old, have enjoyed rifle hunting all my life. I chase blacktail deer, elk, and bear in the southern Oregon cascade mountains. Im a greenhorn to the long range thing, but trying to learn. Our elk hunting is all "up close and personal", but our deer and bear hunting could be "way out there" with proper equipment and experience. I've been puttin' a gun together and been trying to soak up as much off this site as I can.

Welcome to Long Range Hunting.:)

There's some really pretty country in Oregon. Spent a lot of time down there visiting when I was younger.

What kind of gun are you putting together and what kind of plans do you have for it?;)

Join right in and don't be a stranger now that we know you're here.:)

Hello ss7mm, I picked up a 7 STW rem. sendero a few years ago from a friend. Gun has been worked over by our local smith and it shoots well. Put a leupold M4 4.5x14x50 M1 on top of M4 bases/rings. Just picked up a chronograph next is a leica rangefinder. This gun shoots 150 BT, and 160 TSX very well but looking for a good heavy higher B.C. bullet, maybe 180 berger. Looking to eventually get to 1000k.

Sounds like you have a good plan.;)

Let us know how you make out with your load testing and if you get a chance, post a pic of your gun. Remember, it'll be worth a thousand words.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts