Hello from SW Oregon

Tesoro

Been reading this forum for a long time. Until recently I was living in Belize, Central America, where I did quite a bit of hunting over the years. It was an interesting experience and quite different from what I was used to in my 'huntin n fishin fool' days in home states of Oregon/North California. I was taught to be a one rifle man by my mentor who was a prof hunter. I practically wore out my old Rem 700 280 shooting everything with it that had hooves, paws and trotters! I am now back home permanently so I figured its time to join in on this forum. I have been long intrigued by the 6.5mm round attributes and just got a smoking deal on a high quality creedmoor hunting rifle off the LRH classifieds. I just mounted a new scope so its ready for action next week. Reloading bench is in the works. This is my first 6.5 and I already feel that it will soon live in my truck. I think my setup has all the attributes to be a versatile all around shooter from elk down to rockchucks as well as for long range steel.

I have always been drawn to this forum because it has the right mix of hunting/shooting/technical without being overly bench rest technical.

Cheers from Grants Pass, Oregon.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.