Hello from SoCal

kwbosch

I just bought a Savage 110 BA 338 Lapua. I topped it with a NightForce 8-32 scope.
I haven't had a chance to put a round through it yet but I hope to sometime this month. I go pig hunting in Paso Robles but in the future I would love to go elk hunting.
I'm an Injection mold designer and work 10 hours a day, 5-6 days a week.
Not much time for hunting these days.......

Welcome kwbosch. I'm down in Imperial Valley. Lots of desert to shoot in. Enjoy the learning process, it's only time and money with lots of really smart LR rifle shooter here. I'm not one of them so I primarily lurk.

Thanks Epee,

Maybe I'll get down to the lower desert to shoot one of these days. There's few places to shoot long range up here in the Inland empire. What are you shooting?

Ken

300 WM, 30-06, and 223 are my centerfire cartridges of choice. Air rifles and rimfires is what I enjoy the most. My Steyr SSG 04 300 WM is my favorite. It's a heavy rifle but it is fun to shoot.

My calibers' are 22, 223, 5.56 x39,30-30,270 Winchester, 30-06, and lastly the new .338 lapua. I got my first Remington tube fed 22 at age 10. We lives at the outskirts of Riverside and I Would bring home cottontail rabbits for dinner.
Those were the days....... Gone forever......

Yep, CA use to be a great state, and that's as far as I dare take it.

I bought my first house in Sunnymead 1977 (Now called Moreno Valley) , I was shooting my 22 east of Nason dr. and somebody called the sheriff. The rolled up in 2 cars and asked me what the hell I was I was doing. They checked my guns and then asked if they could shoot at my targets. They spent over an hour shooting with me and thanked me then left. It was fun outshooting the cops. :) At that time I was shooting IPSIC in rainbow Ca. every month. I was pretty good with a pistol. The sheriff was pretty impressed with me. I finally got him to go to IPSIC with me and we've been friends ever since. Good to have a leo on your side......

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.