hello from selinsgrove, Pa. I'm new to shooting.

redbeard

I live in selinsgrove Pa. I'm 49 married and my wife and i thought it would be a good idea to start shooting. i bought a 338 hart. it is a remington 700 action with a 27 inch heavy barrel. i have a leapauld long range 8 x 25 scope. so far i did well at 100 yards. at 300 yards i didnt do so well. my goal is to shoot in the 1000 yard club. i am going to start to reload. i never did it before so i am in for a lot of learning about it so i can get it right. if any one has any pointers for m3 i will sure listen.

Welcome redbeard.

I'm just down the road a piece from you.

Your 338 Hart is the same as the .338 Edge that is talked about on here allot.

welcome redbeard to the shooting fraternity. if i were you, id be heading up to bodines to the 1000 yd. club. (take earmuffs.) you will learn more in one day, than you will here in a year. you will be made welcome. dont be afraid to ask questions. dont rush out and buy a bunch of stuff you might be sorry you bought.

welcome redbeard to the shooting fraternity. if i were you, id be heading up to bodines to the 1000 yd. club. (take earmuffs.) you will learn more in one day, than you will here in a year. you will be made welcome. dont be afraid to ask questions. dont rush out and buy a bunch of stuff you might be sorry you bought.
well i do have a problem with buying a lot of stuff i think i need. i never wait to see what i really need, but i will take you advice and go to the 1000 yard range and see what i can learn first. thanks for your input.

Welcome! I'm new on here as well but there is a lot of good info to be had. You are in a terrific area to meet some very good long range shooters and get set up well the first time through. You sure are starting out with a nice rig!

Best wishes,
Gene

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.