Hello from NY

MMMac

Hello, my name is Chris. I've been a hunter and outdoorsman since my dad had me busting brush for whitetails, long before I could carry a gun. I enjoy collecting guns when the wife allows, old MM tractors, getting to the Adirondacks when time allows, and hopefully the Bob Marshall again someday. I am drawn to guns that kill at both ends for some reason, and I love anything that belches Black powder smoke. I have two very young sons that I'm looking forward to taking outside to play. I want to build a long range hunting rifle, and I believe I'm in the right company to get it done now. I am a hand loader and accuracy nut, and I think this will be fun. Take care, Mac.

I'm in Delaware county, and I'm thinking about a long range ruger#1 build. Any recommendations for a gunsmith that is good with #1's?

I'm in Delaware county, and I'm thinking about a long range ruger#1 build. Any recommendations for a gunsmith that is good with #1's?

locally? John Blauvelt in Orange County is the one smith that has been recommended to me by several people. I have not had any work done by him but I've seen a few pieces that were well done.

I'm sure there are others; just haven't heard of them when and where I would have taken notice.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.