Hello from Montana.

hunterjmj

Found this site while looking into buying a new rifle. I started out wanting a browning X bolt .338 wm and ended up buying a rem 700 spa ss in 300 wm. I'm an avid hunter, trapper and fish sometimes. Always hunted with a 30.06 but wanted a new gun to play with.

Found this site while looking into buying a new rifle. I started out wanting a browning X bolt .338 wm and ended up buying a rem 700 spa ss in 300 wm. I'm an avid hunter, trapper and fish sometimes. Always hunted with a 30.06 but wanted a new gun to play with.

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

Greetings from the Great Falls side of the Big Sky Country.

.300 WM is an excellent choice and is my go to chambering. Where in MT are you from?

Ed

It's a nice place to live and work. I lived in Fairbanks for several years a few years back. Lived out by two rivers on China hot springs road. Worked for a taxidermist in North Pole. Nice country up there if you can afford food and gas. Hope you had a good hunting season.

Cool, been to Two Rivers more than a few times for dinner and a beer. I live in North Pole. Been up here going 10 years but looking to get back south soon. Raised in Western WY just south of Jackson Hole. Still own some property there but no plans to ever live there again. Own a nice place in NW Montana and that is where I'll hang my hat when this rodeo is over.

Small world

Cool, been to Two Rivers more than a few times for dinner and a beer. I live in North Pole. Been up here going 10 years but looking to get back south soon. Raised in Western WY just south of Jackson Hole. Still own some property there but no plans to ever live there again. Own a nice place in NW Montana and that is where I'll hang my hat when this rodeo is over.

Small world

It is. I would love to make it back up there someday to moose hunt but I'm not sure that will ever happen. I moved from there in 2003. Tough place to live without a decent living. Montana is a great place to be. No Dall sheep but lots of other critters to hunt.

Hey hunterjmj, I live in Idaho but my daughter is in Bozeman so I spend a lot of time in MT. Shot a whitetail there on Thanksgiving Day.
Welcome aboard, Kirk

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.