Hello from Mississippi

adamb390

Hey everyone im from central mississippi, and ive been researching through this, and other forums about a certain rifle that caught my eye. Ive looked at just about all the factory rifles, and the one ive decided to go with was a new remington sendero sf 2 in 7mm rem mag. I have shot a few high powered rifles in the past like 7mm mag, .30-06, and a .300 wsm, but never really gotten into the bolt action long range rifles. I own a few handguns, a couple shotguns, an ak, and also a gas piston ar, but im not too familiar with the scope, and scope mounting options for my new sendero. Some where on this forum ive seen a leupold 4.5-14x50 Mark IV M5 with a TMR reticle(<think thats what it was??), seems like the company was CS tactical that was advertising it, and i loved the reticle of that scope! Ive also seen a picture of a sendero, with what looks like a one piece picatinny rail that runs completely over the ejection port, and it looks like a very solid way to mount a scope, would this be a good way to mount the leupold if i did end up going with it? I will mainly be shooting anywhere from 50 to 150yds. when im deer hunting, but there are alotta fields around here that have much longer distances than that(300 to 700yds.), that id like to be able to hit targets accurately. Im just kinda looking for advice for the best setup for my new rifle, and i know u guys are the pros. I am new to this so please look over any wrong information i may have typed, and correct me if i was wrong on anything.

Thanks,
Adam

Hi Adam and welcome to LongRangeHunting. The Rem. sendero is a sold choice for a longrange shooter as is the leupold scope. I however am not familiar with the reticle you mentioned.
I'm sure there are others here that can help you with that project.
Again, welcome,

You sound like you have been paying attention, and have a good starting base in mind. I am down in McComb, if I can ever be of help just let me know.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.