Hello from Maryland

cega

I've been reading the forums for some time and have learned a lot from the knowledge that I find there.

I live not far outside Baltimore, MD and work as a consultant for the most part, though I have another company that is in the IT space that pays the bills too.

I started shooting as a kid until my early 20s, then got too busy with jobs etc. Finally managed to get back into shooting a few years back and found myself getting bored with the 100-200 yard distances my range has and so the quest for longer distances to shoot was born.

I started putting together a 338LM over the past few months - most of the time spent researching what custom manufacturers to go with for action, barrel, chassis etc. With some luck the major components are 90 days or so away now and I can get to really getting this put together. (If anyone knows where there is a range reasonably close to the Baltimore area that goes out 600 or more PLEASE let me know)

I currently shoot 223 and 308 in rifle, 9mm, 357 Sig, 40 and 45ACP in pistol here. My wife and I spend a fair amount of time at our house overseas where there are a few other things to shoot, 30-06, 300 Win Mag etc. I may ned up taking the 338LM over since we have ample lands to go out to 2000m and more without any trouble at all.

Also I load everything I shoot - both pistol and rifle.

That's about it for me -

Carl

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.