Hello from Manitoba, Canada

skyline

New here to this forum. I have actually belonged for a long time but never posted. I've been hunting for about 45 years and reloading for 40.

Can't say as I am a long range fanatic, but given the right set of circumstances and carrying the right equipment, I have made a few kills way out there when needed. I do try to avoid it however and prefer to get as close as I can.

Have been in the guiding/outfitting industry for about 30 years and can honestly say that there are very few out there that can reliably hit game under field conditions at 300 yards, never mind beyond that. It takes a great deal of skill, practice, knowledge and the right equipment and few have it. On average I would say the shooting skills are getting worse not better.........so it sure does make me smile when someone pounds something way out there and does it right.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.