Hello from Kentucky

CanisLupus

I joined this forum a few months ago, and have so far enjoyed reading and learning what I can. Lately, I've had an interest to participate more in hunting. I've hunted whitetail only once…about 12 years ago…in my teenage years. In March 2021, my first custom precision rifle was built and I've since competed in a couple long-range matches (300-1000+ yard target distances)…primarily to get humbled and learn from the more-experienced shooters. This seems like the right place to be for the hunting and long range shooting interests to converge :)

Welcome and enjoy the information put out. Glad to see you wanting to try new things in a great area of outdoor activity. Learning to shoot is very very helpful, and hunting and being a good hunter is more challenging to me. No question my shooting skills have allowed me to kill animals others who are even better hunters could and or would never have even tried for.

Welcome and enjoy the information put out. Glad to see you wanting to try new things in a great area of outdoor activity. Learning to shoot is very very helpful, and hunting and being a good hunter is more challenging to me. No question my shooting skills have allowed me to kill animals others who are even better hunters could and or would never have even tried for.
Thank you!

I joined this forum a few months ago, and have so far enjoyed reading and learning what I can. Lately, I've had an interest to participate more in hunting. I've hunted whitetail only once…about 12 years ago…in my teenage years. In March 2021, my first custom precision rifle was built and I've since competed in a couple long-range matches (300-1000+ yard target distances)…primarily to get humbled and learn from the more-experienced shooters. This seems like the right place to be for the hunting and long range shooting interests to converge :)
Well hello canis lupus welcome to the forum,just wondering why it took so long to start hunting again but you are definitely starting out right a new custom rifle and learning how to use it.good luck!

Well hello canis lupus welcome to the forum,just wondering why it took so long to start hunting again but you are definitely starting out right a new custom rifle and learning how to use it.good luck!
Thank you! It did take too long to start up again...life happened, 'twas just a season...between my time at work/school...having no close friends at the time that hunted, and pursuing other hobbies...now, I have a wife and 8-month old daughter, a BIL that hunts...my sphere of influence is different. Now, between the desire to raise my family to appreciate God's creation, assume our role in helping to manage it, and be blessed by the opportunity to harvest more natural food...here I am, again!

Welcome from Ohio!
Thank you! I grew up in Ohio, around Brook Park. Looks like you're around Medina. I was just staying off Route 18 last weekend, and spent a fair amount of time in Medina during my late teens-early twenties, before moving to KY. Root candles are still some of my favorite!