Hello from Houston Texas

Xtremetj

Hello everyone. I stumbled on to this site some time ago and have been reading some posts and finally decided to join. I hung up my rifles a long time ago for archery hunting. Something about getting that close to these animals was more of a thrill than the actual harvest. Moved to Texas in 2012 and have not found a good place to archery hunt. It doesn't help that everyone I work with is a rifle hunter either, so here I am. I am looking for a good all around hog & deer gun hoping to start doing some hutning and long range shooting (500 yards is long range to me).

I look forward to learning from the pros.

Greg.

Welcome, and good luck. Are you looking for national land or a lease? Here in North Texas we bow hunt until rifle season and then switch to rifles.

Welcome !!

I Bow hunted for over 30 years until I hurt my shoulder on an Elk hunt, so to keep the hunting challenging I decided to try Long range hunting and found it to be just as challenging at ranges beyond 600 yards As bow hunting.

There is lots of good bow hunting in Texas so don't give up on it.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts