Hello from Great Falls MT

montanapat

Hello and greetings to all. I am an active duty Air Force member here in Great Falls. Been wanting to get into long range shooting and hunting for years and now i finally have the room. Just bought a Barnes Reloading manual to get familiar with the equipment that i need to buy to start "rolling my own". Look forward to talking with and learning from all the experience that this site has to offer.

Welcome! You're in Kirby Allen's (a.k.a. Fiftydriver) neck of the woods now. He lives in Fort Shaw, west of Great Falls. I was born in Cut Bank , north of G.F. on Hwy 2. Go to the advanced search tab in the Forums section, and searach for posts by Fiftydriver, makes for some great reading w/r/t long range shooting and awsome Wildcat cartridges. Its what i did in the first days after joining this forum.

As an expat living over seas now, I would like to personally thank you for your service to our country.

P.S. Little MT humor for you. What the 3 seasons in Montana?
Answer: Winter, Winter, and Road Construction.

Welcome to the forum. If you're long range shooting around the Great Falls area, one of the first items you'll need is a good wind-drift chart. HAHAHAHA! Just teasing. I like the area up there, but have not had any chance to do any shooting around there.

-- gr8whyt

Hi Montanapat, You are in a great area for sure with at least 3 well know smiths close. There is also Joe Starnes "Long Shot Precision" in Conrad and right east of you in Tracy is Dave Young of "Youngs Gun smithing" Both have built me great long range sticks and Dave is doing another for me soon. There is a good friend of mine that works at Dave Youngs that is a life long Air Force man too. His name is Chris and he lives in GF. Stop out ad chat with those boys sometime. Also, down here near Townsend I will be releasing the 2011 schedule for our long range shoots at the Broadwater Co. Rod and Gun club. We will be shooting on the second Saturday of each month starting as soon as the weather is in tune. Just friendly fun to 1000 yards.

last but not least, Thank You for your service to us and our country.

Jeff gun)gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.