Hello from Beautiful Virginia Blue Ridge Foothills

BallTurret

It all re(started) with a groundhog the size of a small pig that was undermining the new stone pad beneath my shed. I decided to get a quality air gun to remedy the situation. One air gun led to another better air gun and, believe you me, they can get very accurate and expensive! The air guns have, in turn, led to a rekindled interest in some new rifles to put beside my boyhood .22, 30-30 Winchester, and single-shot H&R 12-gauge that will shave your shoulder right off.

Currently, I am sitting on a new Savage 6.5 Creedmoor and a Weatherby .25-06 waiting on some scopes and break in time at the range. A Swarovski Z5 3.5 x 18 that I just received is slotted for the 6.5mm and I am mulling over scope choices for the .25-06.

As for the groundhog? As my air guns got better and better and my accuracy did too, I still never felt competent to take the shot. By the time I did, the groundhog had moved on, first to a near neighbors property and then a bit further off. I still see him many days when taking the dog for a walk. Whenever we meet, I shoot a blessing his way.

BT, welcome from Goodyear,Az. No groundhogs here, just rattlers. Enjoy the forum.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts