Hello from Albuquerque

rollinslow84

Hey everybody. My name is Gabe and I'm determined to get into the long range shooting and hunting club. Iv'e been shooting and messing with guns and rifles almost my entire life. Most of my firearm and shooting time were from a governtment issued M-16A2, my remington 870s, Winchester Model 70 300 WSM, my AR-15s and AR-10. I'm not having as much fun or challege with my black rifles anymore. I'd like to shoot farther out, accurately and consistently. Mostly paper punching, I haven't figured out where to go hunting around New Mexico yet. I'm getting set up for reloading, so keep that in mind when I ask all the rookie questions.

I have been reading and looking for a good rifle I can buy and continually build on to meet my goals. This forum has been the most informative for what I want to do. I'm a fan of function and reliability rather than high speed low drag.

Welcome, we shoot tactical rifle at ZIA every third Sunday of the month if you're interested and every 2nd Sat at Del Norte Gun Club. Some guys do shoot AR's in the match.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.