Hello from Alaska

bravo4hunter

Hi Everyone I am active army and I am stationed in Fairbanks Alaska. I am currently in the last thirty days of my second deployment to Afghanistan. My current position is Sniper section leader. I can not wait to get home and go hunting. I found this site while searching for parts for a rifle build I am working on. It is a Remington 700 Senduro 300WM. I will keep you updated on that and mabye some of you can help me with some of my questions. I look foreward to meeting some of you.

Attachments

• 2011 137.jpg
    2011 137.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN0076.jpg
    DSCN0076.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 53
Welcome brother. I found this site during the SURGE in Iraq during the last days of my tour. Have not been to Afghanistan since 04, I cant imagin how it has changed. My brother in law is in your unit. He just got there yesterday he is a 2nd LT in MI they sent him to Camp Clark. I dont know where that is as it did not exist when I was there. I was down in Kandhar/Zabol provence for most of my time in country. Glad to have you on the board.

Where are you From? How much time do you have left in country? Please post your adress in country.

Jon Morehouse
Former SSG

Be safe man, after 3 deployments to Iraq I know how those last days feel. We were always a little more on our toes. I feel kinda cheated, our upcoming trip to Afghanistan was just cancelled. After about a year of training, trips to NTC, Mountain Warfare School, and such. Been looking for another unit going but nobody has any Sniper positions.
If you need anything let me know.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.