Hello everyone

RStraten

Hello Everyone,

I'm a new guy from Illinois. I've been hunting nearly my whole life, since I was five. 1962 is when my glorious hunting career started. I been kickin around the hardwoods for a long time, hunting deer, squirrel, coon, and coyote. I've never hunted out west or in any state other than Illinois (greatest state in the union), so I've only ever hunted with a shotgun, 22, and my 22-250. Can't afford to hunt as a non resident.

I just recently acquired a nice remington 700 .30-06 and a reloading kit from my cousin that passed. So I figured I'd join here and see if I could learn something about reloading and learn to shoot further distances with it for fun, and in hopes I could someday afford to hunt out west.

Nice to meet you all.

Welcome from southern Arizona. Hopefully you'll make it this way soon.

30-06 is a great hunting cartridge, good for short and long range with the right bullets.

There is a lot to learn here as you'll find out. You can start your own thread with whatever questions you have or do a search for topics that interest you.

Stay safe

Hello Everyone,

I'm a new guy from Illinois. I've been hunting nearly my whole life, since I was five. 1962 is when my glorious hunting career started. I been kickin around the hardwoods for a long time, hunting deer, squirrel, coon, and coyote. I've never hunted out west or in any state other than Illinois (greatest state in the union), so I've only ever hunted with a shotgun, 22, and my 22-250. Can't afford to hunt as a non resident.

I just recently acquired a nice remington 700 .30-06 and a reloading kit from my cousin that passed. So I figured I'd join here and see if I could learn something about reloading and learn to shoot further distances with it for fun, and in hopes I could someday afford to hunt out west.

Nice to meet you all.
Hello and welcome! I'm new also!! Glad to be here

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.