hello everybody.

ishootkittens

lightbulb im new here. Im sure I have some old friends lingering around here somewhere.

I had a question about brenneke's green lightning slug. Has anyone tried these things. I own the black magic's from brenneke and I am in love. But I have heard great things about the GL's. But i aint gunna waste my money if they arent worth it. haha. Some feedback would be helpful. Thanks all.

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.

Last edited:
thank you for your welcoming response!

I heard this place was pretty nice!! Just for the record I have a Benelli supernova and I shoot slugs out of a smoothbore/rifled choke combo. What do you guys think about the green lightnings from brenneke.

Haven't used the Green Lightnings from Brenneke so I couldn't offer any opinion. Do you use them and your thoughts?

Welcome to LRH! where are you from? I used to use slug-guns, but then I found out how much cooler pistols were... :)

nah, i have used the brenneke black magics but I havent used the green lightnings. I have gotten GREAT groups from my smoothbore with the black magics. I shot 3-4 inch groups at 100 yards. Was great! Everyone always dogs them because of their recoil. It isnt bad at all if you arent recoil shy. I am from Wise county Virginia! And its good to be here, its nice to meet all of you!

While i havt used the slug your talking about.I have used 1 oz foster @ 1700 fps .Punches through anything .Leaves a .730 hole in lots of stuff

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.