• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Heck of a deal here guys...

Yes I have the exact stock. I ordered mine before it was on any website. I don't speculate unless I make the statement. If you want exact bottom metal inlet order a Manners or McMillan and grab a snickers. They are selling a stock to fit multiple bottom metals. I can not even count how many 700 BDL bottom metals are out there. I will repeat if you think you are going to get custom fit off the shelf you are out of your mind. I have owned stocks from every manufacturer and off the shelves never are "perfect". I just had a buddy order a McMillan, wait six months, pulled it out of the box, the inlet was flat out wrong(not poor fit) send it back, wait another month, get it back pull it out of the box, still wrong. Finally sent it to a gunsmith to fix adding cost. This is one of the best off the shelf stocks available for the 700 or clone. I will say it again, if you do not won't it let me know I may purchase it for what you paid.

A stock designed for multiple bottom metals. Really??

SA, BDL, Sporter Contour,
Black with Grey Specks
$400 shipped

I would absolutely purchase it if it were long m24.

You are kidding right? If they tightened up that bottom metal inlet there are some bottom metals I have had that would not fit without grinding. I would rather have it look a little "sloppy" than have to grind. Either way we get that you don't like it. It sounds like you need to stick with waiting months for a Manners or McMillan.

If I spent $400 on a custom lightweight stock that was designed for s Remington 700 SA BDL bottom metal, I'd expect the factory 700 BDL to fit closely without need for inletting. I would expect that if I bought aftermarket BDL bottom metal, I'd possibly need to grind a bit for a good fit. Example is the PT&G Oberndorf BDL Bottom metal is bigger than the factory 700 and has larger radius by the front of the trigger, and has a larger floor plate. I also have a Hawkins BDL and it is a very close fit to the 700 factory BDL, almost identical.

It's not hard to provide a 700 BDL inlet that fits the factory bottom metal closely, even Bell & Carlson can do that.

YMMV...

If I spent $400 on a custom lightweight stock that was designed for s Remington 700 SA BDL bottom metal, I'd expect the factory 700 BDL to fit closely without need for inletting. I would expect that if I bought aftermarket BDL bottom metal, I'd possibly need to grind a bit for a good fit. Example is the PT&G Oberndorf BDL Bottom metal is bigger than the factory 700 and has larger radius by the front of the trigger, and has a larger floor plate. I also have a Hawkins BDL and it is a very close fit to the 700 factory BDL, almost identical.

It's not hard to provide a 700 BDL inlet that fits the factory bottom metal closely, even Bell & Carlson can do that.

YMMV...

You just nailed it. IT IS NOT A CUSTOM STOCK. It is an off the shelf stock. Custom means you pick every detail about the stock. I would agree if you spent money on a custom. Show me where you can pick options with the Altitude stock.

If anyone bought a LA sporter and want to pass it on, I would be interested.

If anyone picked up a long action stock and doesn't end up wanting it feel free to let me know I'd love it