heavy duty press

G

I need a good heavy duty press. The press that I have is not big enough to form the 338 lapua case to the 300 Gonzo. For those that are wondering what that is it looks like the 300 wsm's daddy. Anyway, any good press that anyone knows of would be greatly appreciated.

Leupold man,

I would say the Redding UltraMag Press is the best on the market but I also like the RCBS mentioned by Crowmag.

The big Redding is price at +$200 but I feel it is the best for these big magnums.

THe lever design is over a much longer distance then any other press of this kind that I know of so it greatly reduces horizontal force on the ram which will reduce wear and delay looseness.

This also aids in a truer vertical ram movement so there is less chance for increased run outs using conventional dies.

With in-line dies, this is not a major concern as the dies control the run out, not the press.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Have a look at the new Lee Classic press. Looks like a tank and for $65 to 70, easy to take.

Was designed to load 50BMG so should have some leverage.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.