HEAVY DUTY gun rack suggestions for ATV use.

window licker

My coyote guns are from 9-18 pounds, looking for a suggestion as to a rack available, that will handle that kindbof weight.

When you say atv, do you mean quad or side by side? I'm assuming quad. I like my kolpin gunboots. I used to use one on my kodiak. I have one for my ranger now. I also have a great day over head rack I'm impressed with for my general though.

Looking for a rack that goes on a quad. Not a fan of a gun boot on a quad, tends to lessen escape routes in the event of a rollover

Last edited:
I've also used the simple u shaped ones that mount to the racks. Made by kolpin too I believe. They held securely and I'd be comfortable putting my 50bmg in em but I didn't like slinging mud all over my rifles.

I only use the quad for coyotes from november to early January, mud isnt really a problem. I will look at the kolpin, thanks.

I have the Koplin Ratcheting Rino Grips on my ATVs. One of my rifles is 10-12 lbs and I haven't had any issues with it not keeping my guns secured.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.