Heavy bolt?

Those smiley faces on your brass from this rifle or the other?

I have a Ruger that puts those ejector swipes on new cases. so sometimes it can be that. Most the time it is from the upper end of pressure.

FWIW 77 gr H1000 on new Norma cases does not show ejector print. This runs about 2850 or so out of 26". Once fired, there is a slight ejector print as the case has filled the chamber. I think you should back off a touch as you are in the upper end this may help save your primer pockets.

If you want to run in the 2950 I would suggest N570. That is what I am now running with this combo, is it worth the extra $$$...Meh

Ime if you see ejector marks on ADG or GW brass your REAL hot it's nothing like Norma or Hornady, it can be a little trickier to "read" imo.
[/QUOTE]

Is this bagged or boxed ADG brass?

Depends on the lot of ADG brass...Did it come in a box or in a bag. If it's the bag that brass is soft and not the same spec as the box brass. I confirmed this with ADG. Sent them the lot number and indeed it was older, so it is still it there.

Back it down a little and you will be happier with the life of the brass.. I ran 78 grains in Win brass and it was done on third firing.. With the win mags it is important to clean every 30-50 rounds to stop the ole carbon ring from giving you pressure. I would get a bore scope and make sure there isn't a carbon ring and then back down to 75-76 and play with some seating depth.. There is a good node 75*5-76.5 grains usually depends on your gun.. You might have to even go lower... 2800-2900 is plenty of speed for a 300 win and 215.. You want more speed drop down on you bullet to the 190 or 180.. JMHO.. As mentioned above N-570 will give just a little more velocity if you need that speed.

So you say that the brass was fired twice in a different rifle but that it was the same make and model . That doesn't make the chamber the same in both of them . I can chamber two barrels the same day in the same lath using the same reamer and they won't be the same . Then I put them on two different actions that are the same make and model but that doesn't make them the same they just have the same tolerances the same as do the chambers all to specs but not identical , it's a lot like your sister has the same Mom and Dad but she's not the same as you are . If I were to want to run that brass For me I would have pulled the bullets and the de capping pin then full length resized it all over again , started with a lower powder charge and worked up just to be on the safe side but that's just me . I don't gamble with money let alone my body parts .

I agree with David....shoulder bump isnt enough on that deal. If the primer isnt flattened out or pierced and you dont have an ejector mark Your prob not at max.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.