Heavy bolt lift in my 6.5 PRC using 139 gr. Hammer Shock

Might be the same thing I experienced with original Barnes X bullets back in the eighties. Coefficient of friction is much higher than other bullets. I believe that is why Barnes X bullets have the bands cut around them, to relieve friction with barrel.

Might be the same thing I experienced with original Barnes X bullets back in the eighties. Coefficient of friction is much higher than other bullets. I believe that is why Barnes X bullets have the bands cut around them, to relieve friction with barrel.
I'm sure that's true but the bands give displaced copper a place to flow to and reduces copper fouling

My experience with hammer hunters mimic's yours. They pressure up quicker than an equal or slightly heavier lead bullet. I have got very good accuracy with .007-.010 off the lands. I am going to explore and see if they will shoot as good jumped further as well. They are currently about .38" at 100 with cold bore.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.