Heavy 300 Win Mag Workup

IdahoRecon

Hi, I working on a precision load for my Savage 300 Win Mag. I am wondering if anyone has some experience using the Berger 308 caliber, 215 grain Hybrid?

Hi, I working on a precision load for my Savage 300 Win Mag. I am wondering if anyone has some experience using the Berger 308 caliber, 215 grain Hybrid?

I would suggest reading the 12 pages of the thread below this titled 'Cmparing the 210 Berger to the 215 Berger'. Lots of good info in there.

I worked up a load with 215's for a friend a couple of months ago in his 300 Win. It's just a factory Rem 700 with 26" barrel, only improvements over stock was a bedding job. The load I settled on was 73 grains of H4831SC in Rem brass with a CCI250 primer. This produced an average of 2,867fps. Don't remember the COAL right now but it was .020" jump and still fit in his mag with a little clearance. ES was usually inside 10fps and accuracy is around 1MOA at 1K which i think is acceptable in a stock rifle. This is a hot load so start several grains lower.

Thanks for the information. I have some Ramshot Magnum, but have seen that a lot of people are using H1000 or H4831SC. I have Federal brass, Federal 215 Match primers. With the Bergers Hybrid bullet being so new, I am curious with what people are trying.

My Savage is a 110 Tactical, pre-accutrigger, a 22 inch barrel with a JP Compensator. There is a Vortex Viper PST glass on it.

Thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.