Heaviest grain Berger for 300 rum mag box

Remington92

Hey all I'm getting ready to start reloading for my Christensen ridgeline in 300 rum and wanted a few pointers. If I have a mag box of 3.61 what's the longest/ heaviest grain Berger I can load and feed from the mag? Thanks!

92, been loading the 215 Bergers at mag length in a Montana rifle with great accuracy.

92, been loading the 215 Bergers at mag length in a Montana rifle with great accuracy.

Ok sweet I wasn't sure if they'd be set too far into the case and/ or decrease powder capacity too much. What sort of velocity are you seeing if you don't mind me asking?

your mag box is 3.610 just a double check because 300 rum case length 2.850 nose on 215 berger .872 that equals 3.722 you will be pushing the ogive .100+ below the neck for 3.610 mag I would look at the 185 classic hunter

your mag box is 3.610 just a double check because 300 rum case length 2.850 nose on 215 berger .872 that equals 3.722 you will be pushing the ogive .100+ below the neck for 3.610 mag I would look at the 185 classic hunter

Well now I'm back to confused

not sure how long the mag box is on a Montana rifle. go to Bergers website and click on the quick reference sheet at bottom of page it will give you the bullet dimensions and you can decide what might work for you.

I went back and measured my mag box again and I must have had a massive brain fart before when I measured cause it's actually just over 3.71

Does anyone have luck with the 200.20x Berger or the 215gr?

sorry hit wrong key. no experience with 200.20x I believe they are pointed might limit expansion let us know how it works

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts