Hearing protection

mudman02

Good morning everyone, I am going to start wearing hearing protection while hunting, I want to be able to hear a cat walking on cotton, but don't want to hurt what's left of my hearing . What do you'll use ? Thank you, love this sight

I use the walker game ear camouflage quad muffs for hunting but when at the range firing many rounds I double up and use foam earplugs under the walkers

Good morning everyone, I am going to start wearing hearing protection while hunting, I want to be able to hear a cat walking on cotton, but don't want to hurt what's left of my hearing . What do you'll use ? Thank you, love this sight

Omega 300 and probably will buy another, I also have gone down in cartridge size and I enjoy all aspects of shooting more.

Custom molded plugs are probably the best, but I really like all of my Pro Ears Gold for noise cancellation and sound amplification.

That being said, I wear my MSA Sordins at the range more than any other set, just because the build quality is nice and additional/optional gel cups make them comfortable. The noise cancellation is just as good as the Pro Ears Gold, but when I turn up the volume for amplification, I get more hiss than with the Pro Ears Gold

I have been using E.A.R inc custom molded plugs for years. Comfortable and you can still hold a conversation with people. I use them all year (operating equipment, chainsaw, and shooting). My only regret is not wearing hearing protection when I was younger.

Like 2ndson said "My only regret is not wearing hearing protection when I was younger."
You don't know what you've got until you loose it. Tinnitus from one last shot that was left in a box of 44 mag after i remove ear protection, over 40 yrs ago. Hearing loss form aging and not using hearing protection while hunting and other loud sports and work environment. I now have Signia hearing aids that also produce white noise to help with the tinnitus, ocean waves. Two years ago, Diplacusis, a form of hearing loss that causes our ears to hear sounds so differently it creates a disturbing two-sound experience, music is not the same. I use HP, along with safety glasses, all the time now, tractor, lawnmower, shooting even riding my 4x4.

I have been using E.A.R inc custom molded plugs for years. Comfortable and you can still hold a conversation with people. I use them all year (operating equipment, chainsaw, and shooting). My only regret is not wearing hearing protection when I was younger.
I can relate, at a young 61 year old, my hearing is all but shot. The VA got me hearing aids, which is good, but not for hunting, I use muffs without the hearing aids when shooting. In the woods a herd of deer, a passel of squirrels and a family of coons could come past me and I would never hear them lol

Look up the Peltor brand they have ones with a behind the neck band. I use them hunting and benchrest shooting. They also have mics and noise canceling.