Hearing protection

mudman02

Some of us don’t have deep pockets, and live on fixed incomes, so yes $1000.00 is a lot of money, my hearing is worth it but I like eating,ac, truck etc
I looked up HSA, I have nothing like that and from what I read, I’m glad I don’t

SDPlinker

LRH Team Member
Deep pockets? Fixed income? If you don't want to have comfortable high quality hearing protection that is your personal decision to make. What are deep pockets? Are not most folks on a fixed income? I have worked productivity based income my whole life, fixed income would have been nice. But then again, now that I am retired, I guess I could not have ac, a nice truck, good hearing protection, a nice rifle or scope? Do not be silly! They are your priorities, I was trying to help you, trying to insult me makes me laugh.

mudman02

Deep pockets? Fixed income? If you don't want to have comfortable high quality hearing protection that is your personal decision to make. What are deep pockets? Are not most folks on a fixed income? I have worked productivity based income my whole life, fixed income would have been nice. But then again, now that I am retired, I guess I could not have ac, a nice truck, good hearing protection, a nice rifle or scope? Do not be silly! They are your priorities, I was trying to help you, trying to insult me makes me laugh.
I thank you for your help, I do not try to insult anyone, I try to make my point and that is all. You don’t know my finances and if I say I can’t afford it, I can’t. You are the one insulting, calling me silly , use my hsa . I don’t sweet little things. Again thank you

patrickjr

LRH Team Member
I use custom earplugs when hunting, they're quick to put in and you can pull one out enough to hear someone next to you. Small enough to be in my pocket or side of my bino harness. I've had them for close to 10 years and they still fit without discomfort.

When I'm at the rifle range, I shoot with a pair of muffs and the custom earplugs. I got the customs as a shotgun shooter and they're even better for that, just not enough for braked magnum rifles at the range

1moredeer

Howard Leight impact sport electronic shooting earmuffs. I worked on high speed large HP electric motors for 40 years. I wore hearing protection religiously but it still took a toll on my hearing. These earmuffs have built-in sound enhancement with noise limiter. I shoot a brake on my 6.5 PRC and can comfortably wear them without limiting what I need to hear and not worry about damage when I shoot.