Hearing protection act language incorporated into comprehensive sportsmens package

****!!! I like it! Especially these parts...

TITLE XVII—HEARING PROTECTION

o Includes several provisions to reduce hearing damage for sportsmen and hunters and reduce noise at shooting ranges located near residential areas.

o Removes suppressors from the scope of the National Firearms Act (NFA), replacing the outdated federal transfer process with an instantaneous National Instant Criminal Background Check (NICS).

o Reduces the cost of purchasing a suppressor by removing a $200 transfer tax.

o Provides a $200 tax credit for any suppressor purchased after October 22, 2015, the original
date of introduction of the Hearing Protection Act.

TITLE XVIII—LAWFUL PURPOSE AND SELF DEFENSE

o Removes Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco Firearms and Explosives (ATF) authority to use the "sporting purposes" clauses in federal law in ways that could undermine the core purpose of the Second Amendment.

o Eliminates ATF's authority to reclassify popular rifle ammunition as "armor piercing ammunition."

o Provides for the lawful importation of any non-NFA firearm or ammunition that may otherwise be lawfully possessed and sold within the United States.

o Protects shotguns, shotgun shells, and certain rifles from arbitrary classification as "destructive devices."

I especially like the part where it talks about removing the Odumbass clause that says we cannot import guns and ammo that are perfectly legal to sell here in the USA. That means we can finally bring home all those M1A's and M1 Garands and 1911's that are sitting on American military bases in crates waiting to come back home. :D

Unfortunately, because of the shooting the hearing was "delayed indefinitely". It is unlikely that this will move before the August Recess now.

Unfortunately, because of the shooting the hearing was "delayed indefinitely". It is unlikely that this will move before the August Recess now.

As disturbing as this may be, you have to wonder if that crap was planned by the psycho Demtards... They are well-exposed of, and guilty of MUCH MUCH MUCH more horrific things already, and sadly this wouldn't surprise me one bit if they were behind it.

We need to push-forward and get this thing passed! I know what happened was a tragedy, but we have to keep pushing onward. This bill has absolutely nothing to do with some psychopath that was brainwashed by all the liberal media into doing something horrific.

The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun. And they (the cops) did...Thank God that demented freak (Hodgkinson) is dead, and we won't have to pay our tax money to keep him alive in the prison system for years.

The guy was a frickin nut....the Dems didn't plan this. We need to tweak back on this kind of accusations....with that said CNN has a great opinion piece about the return of Left-wing terrorism.

The return of leftist terrorism? (opinion) - CNN.com

Rep Scalise is a co-sponsor of the HPA by the way.

And we do need to push forward...no doubt about it.

In a way they kind of did with all the horrific things they've been portraying all over the news depicting the President, for example the Julius Caeser play in New York, the Kathy Griffin stunt, the Snoop Dogg video, etc... They are planting these sick thoughts in people's subconscious, and eventually someone demented and crazy enough (as we have seen what transpired yesterday) will act upon those delusions.

So, in a way, yes, they are sort-of behind it.

And yes, let's push forward.

My Congressman is on the sub-Committee to hear the bill. I will be seeing him in the near future and will have a conversation on moving this forward. Quite frankly, they need to start producing and quit running in fear every time a Dem doesn't like something. As he is now running for Governor and more clearly "understands the political need" and a friend of mine is running to take his place, it is a rather unique time to push for action NOW and in the future.

Contact your congressman and also the members on the sub-committee and push for a hearing soon.

https://naturalresources.house.gov/federallands/

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts