Headspace with full length resizing

In reality, you are referring to trimming and with a limited number of smaller cartridges that are not even LR cartridges
I consider 6br, 6xc, and 6.5wssm long enough range cartridges. And I consider my loads for them to be as good as any IBS/NBRSA competitor produces for theirs.

everything contradicts it when you consider large cartridges at near max levels
I agree and have not in any way claimed otherwise.
I also have NEVER implied that I can NS ONLY, nor have I recommended it.

All I've implied is that FL sizing is not always required, and is in fact a choice.
You might choose to run large poorly designed cartridges with hot loads. I don't.
Your claims that brass MUST continue to change with firings is as limited by qualifiers as my claim that it is not true -with better cartridge designs and rational pressures.

I consider 6br, 6xc, and 6.5wssm long enough range cartridges. And I consider my loads for them to be as good as any IBS/NBRSA competitor produces for theirs.
And larger caliber ones with somewhat bigger cases that are brand new or fired a few times and full length sized with over-the-counter dies shooting just as accurate as those 24 and 26 caliber ones popular in other IBS/NBRSA disciplines aren't worth considering?

"If I have offended Boomtube I have already apologized. I do not understand why he felt slighted. All I can offer is that he misunderstood my post."

Trendal, no apology is necessary. And, again, I will say I'm not offended; just amused that you would wish to stand taller by trying to knock someone else down a bit - as you clearly did - for something never said would be closer to the truth. :D

Here's something you might want to check. I FL size and set primers at the bottom of my stroke on many of my calibers. I was getting varying headspace measurements one time and found I wasn't seating my primers all the way and they were sitting proud of the headstamp surface a couple thou or so. Once I figured that out I either use a hand primer or check the primer with my thumb. Just a thought.

same thing happened to me with my fireball. i primed some cases after resizing, added some powder and bullets to a few and the bolt was hard to close. measured the remaining cases, some measured a little long. went through and trimmed all the cases to spec, repeated previous steps, same problem. found that the primers are hanging out of the case just enough to drag on the bolt face. my lee hand primer elevator on the small rifle platform does not elevate as far as the large rifle, so i have to squeeze it down farther. reseated all the primers, problem solved.

"If I have offended Boomtube I have already apologized. I do not understand why he felt slighted. All I can offer is that he misunderstood my post."

Trendal, no apology is necessary. And, again, I will say I'm not offended; just amused that you would wish to stand taller by trying to knock someone else down a bit - as you clearly did - for something never said would be closer to the truth. :D

If that is how you understood what I said then you misunderstood my post 100%. It was not my intention to stand taller than anyone, nor is that EVER a philosophy of mine. I am a very kind person and if you ever met me you would know that. I fear that this is simply a case of someone reading one thing when something completely different was intended. All I can ask is that you go back and read my post again with an open mind and not be expecting someone to disagree with you. I think that as soon as you saw your name mentioned that you expected it to be something said against you. That was not my intent. If I am guilty of anything it is possibly poor wording. I still stand behind the fact that I did not misquote you as all I did was refer to your post. I referenced your post... I did not change your words. If I reference a book in a bibliography I cannot be charged with misquoting what is said inside that book. Regardless, my original intent was merely to offer my differing experiences. My experiences are different than yours. Simple as that. Neither is wrong... just different.

Uhhhggg. I said I was done with this thread. I think the reason I keep coming back is because it is I that feels offended. Offended that I stand accused of "knocking someone else down" and "misquoting" someone. I actually feel like you owe me an apology. :rolleyes:

I know Boomtube mentions that his brass never comes out the same but I don't find that to be the case with my resizing. Generally my brass comes out extremely consistent in headspace.

How you turned this around on me from those two sentences I do not understand. I merely MENTIONED your post and offered a different experience. I actually take back what I said about poor wording on my part. You simply read into something that never existed. I never intended to "stand taller" than you in that post and how you came upon that idea I do not understand. Read it again and I know that this sounds crazy, but just for a second, assume that I meant no harm. You've blown this out of proportion. Again, here I am trying to dig myself out of a hole that I didn't dig in the first place.

I keep coming back is because it is I that feels offended. I actually feel like you owe me an apology. :rolleyes:

"I know Boomtube mentions that his brass never comes out the same "

Okay, so I apoligise for mentioning that I never even suggested what you say I said, for what ever reason you said it. ??

(I'm sure you're very kind but this is hilarious!) :D

You are ridiculous. Please explain where I said anything different? It's your freaking post dude, not mine. Get over it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.