Headlamps or brim lights recommendations

I like coast, they have a good variety of price options (you dont need 32,000 lumens for walking around in camp) I have their cheapest headlamp and then a more expensive one dont remember lumens on any of them, then I have one that clips on to my hat. Use them all for various things. The thing I love is they dont break the bank and use regular AAA batteries, no high dollar batteries like surefire.

Look at Elusive Wildlife technologies. Red on cap and grreen on scope work great for me on coyotes. get a little velcro to attach pressure switch to rifle on fore stock where your thumb sits.

I've used both and would recommend one that is very bright other way. The head lamps are usually better for that. Most I've tried in the $20 range work well. I carry several and a backup batteries.

looking for suggestions on what lights you guys use hunting. Do you like the hat brim lights or the lights that strap over hat. Looking for recommendations for around camp or on hunt when it gets dark.
Strap over the hat. Black Diamond Icon 500 Lumems. Remote battery pack strap it under your arm or the back of your hat, 4 AA s burn 50 hours on high 200 hours on low.Waterproof & dust proof, night vision change to Red Green or Blue. Is a great light.....

Thanks for all suggestions, I've been checking them all out online, decided want something that I can carry spare batteries in field if goes dead with no power source. The nitecore HC60 catches my I but haven't decided yet. Really would like to keep it under $75. The HC60 has rechargeable battery or can use cr123a batteries in place of the rechargeable one

looking for suggestions on what lights you guys use hunting. Do you like the hat brim lights or the lights that strap over hat. Looking for recommendations for around camp or on hunt when it gets dark.
Brim lamps for camp....head lamps for the field...I haven't found a brim lamp strong enough yet for the field. So I use both

For a rechargeable the Black Diamond Revolt is great as you can also use AAA so it gives a lot of flexibility and has variable intensities( a dimmer switch) and red light as well as spot/wide settings.
https://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en_US/headlamps-and-lanterns/revolt-BD620631_cfg.html
For a more powerful long distance lamp I use a Coast HL7, takes AAA has a 100 yard+ beam, variable power, focusable beam, and great battery life, and is cheap too ! Get some AAA lithium batteries online they have a 20 year shelf life and don't discharge like NiMh do(1.5+% a day just sitting there), and they are way cheaper online the at a gas station.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...&_sacat=0&_sop=16&_udhi=25&LH_PrefLoc=3&rt=nc

Around camp, brim light works fine. Lots of good suggestions for headlamps in thread. I have several from Coast that have held up great. Son says I look like a train locomotive coming thru woods with it. BUT, here is always the rub with head lamps, understand the more the lumens the less the run time which translates to carrying extra batteries for those long walks in and out of deep woods. There are always trade offs for power versus performance. I like head lamps that have low settings so you can turn down for just walking on trails or 2 tracks without killing battery life. The red or green is nice on stand rooting around for gear in pack or pockets without lighting up the whole area.

The brim lights using flat batteries give terrible life and are no good for extended use, such as several hours hiking in before daylight. Probably OK for intermittent use around camp. IMHO for general hiking use you want one with 3 AAA or better. I recently upgraded but did multiple extended back country extended hunts with an LL Bean light using three AAA batteries. Always carried spared but on 3-day hikes don't believe I ever changed in the field.

My two cents. I have been using headlamps running 100+ mile ultramarathons for years. This requires a lot of night training and thus a lot of wear on headlamps. I now use a Fenix HL60R as well as Nitecore HC60. I have been issued and used the Petzl and Black Diamond headlamps extensively. What I have found is that any of the headlamps with the hinge at the bottom with the light/batteries above them will wear out and you will end up with the light aimed at your feet.... The one exception being the Black Diamond Icon with the batteries at the back of the head. I have one as a backup to a backup now.

Appreciate all the suggestions, I did order nitecore HC60. Seems like nice light

Never carry just one light

I use a petzl headlamp with focused white beam, and 1 small red led

And

Carry a stream light 1 AAA pocket light . This is for hand/ mouth/ or clips to hat brim

Extended trips I'll bring a change of batteries

I use the Nightcore HC33. Have 2 of them. One in back pack and one on Binocase! They are amazing 1 lume to 1800. Also have one of there weapon lights and one with red lens! They make great products

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.