Head Wind

tommyc279

I was wondering if someone can tell me how a head wind effects a bullet down range: like drop at three four and five hundred yards. I was shooting yesterday into a 6mph head wind and was 2.5 inches low at 300 yards could this have been due to the wind

I was wondering if someone can tell me how a head wind effects a bullet down range: like drop at three four and five hundred yards. I was shooting yesterday into a 6mph head wind and was 2.5 inches low at 300 yards could this have been due to the wind

It's called a no-value or zero-value for a reason. Unless you are shooting up or down hill don't worry about it. If you don't believe me punch the numbers into JBM, a 100mph no-value wind still gives you a zero adjustment.

It's called a no-value or zero-value for a reason. Unless you are shooting up or down hill don't worry about it. If you don't believe me punch the numbers into JBM, a 100mph no-value wind still gives you a zero adjustment.

I agree that it is a no-value adjustment, but would there be any up or down drafts associated with a headwind?

The layout of the terrain you are shooting over will dictate that. Hills, valleys, cliffs, etc can cause such.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.