HEAD STAMPED BRASS/280A.I. and LA SHERMANS

elkaholic

As most of you know, I am having head stamped brass available next month for the Sherman Short and Sherman Short Tactical. While discussing this with ADG, I brought up the possibility of them mfg. The Sherman and A.I., which are closely related. Nosler is currently the only mfg for the A.I. and for the price,its not that good.
Greg (ADG) advised me to use the squeaky wheel approach and encourage folks to contact them if this is something that they would want. soooooooo, how many people would be interested, and moreover, how many would be willing to follow up by contacting ADG. Need I say more! [email protected]
Spread the word on Facebook, other forums, etc, and lets see what we can accomplish.......thx/Rich
p.s. A lot of you guys asking for the SS brass influenced their decision to provide it:)

Last edited:
I would love this! I haven't been impressed with my Nosler 280 AI brass or my Hornady 280 AI brass. I will email later tonight.

I contacted ADG back in December to ask for 270, 280, or 280AI brass. I think I did the same on their FB page.

Sounds like now is a good time to do that again!

Emailed my 2 cents worth. I think they would be jumping on the 280a.i. first, but might get around to the 6.5 & 7mm LA someday. Now that I have the fire forming barrel, I really don't have a dog in the fight, unless they make a really strong case.

that is certainly a great opportunity for those shooting 280 ai without having to do forming on their own to get high end brass quality.

Hey Rich, don't forget Hornady is now making .280 AI brass, as of this year.

Either way, I bet ADG would be much higher quality, although with certain cartridges, Hornady brass has been pretty good for me. Especially some of the older Hornady/Frontier brass.

Also, now that someone is making some 131gr .257 bullets for an affordable price, you still interested in collaborating on a .257 Sherman? :D All I know is that with a fluted Sendero Bartlein 5R 7.25" twist barrel (available through BlackJack bullets), and your reamer, the .257 Sherman can be born. I got plenty of powder, and a paycheck coming in now, so I'm not opposed to doing some load development and testing... ;)

Email sent!

Headstamped brass would be awesome. Forming brass isn't really that big of a hassle, but it'd be nice to be able to just load and go.
I agree. I don't mind a bit to fire-form brass, but at the same time, like you said, there are times it would be nice to be able to avoid the hassle, and just load it and go. Not to mention it will definitely save barrel life, by not having to fire-form.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.