• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

HCA 6.5 SAUM Unfired

Such a sad story. To order a custom rifle and wait for months like a kid at Christmas for it to arrive...only to find it's not what you wanted. I would be crushed. Hope it works out for you.

I was frustrated big time but with that said I'm to blame!! I should have asked more questions and ironed out details. mikes a great guy and a hell of a builder I'm sure this will flat out shoot! Why I have another 6.5 on the hook I am still having a hard time not trying to keep this and just selling my 280ai but its a track driver .He's such a good guy offered to order a AG privateer stock and trade the alpine hunter back for me. Solid Dude!!

Last edited:
Thats funny its just not quite what I wanted yeah I can carry an extra pound hell or lose 5 wouldn't hurt me. Fig it would be better suited for someone else. Like I said may just sell my 280ai and run this and my lightweight 6.5 that's coming hell I don't know

Never sell tack drivers...you always regret it!
So true I did that with my 7 mm stw ugh..just don't have a need for what looks like 2 6.5 saums and this 280ai be nice to sell one to help pay for one

Have a 6.5 build by Hells Canyon Armory I received yesterday. Mike did a great job but unfortunately not quite what I asked for as this was to be a pack rifle and over a lb heavier then I wanted so hoping someone can use this more then I. Here's what she made of

Tikka T3 Action (which i purchased and supplied was a 270 wsm this is not shown on the invoice i paid $580 for it)
HCA Bottom Metal and Mag
Tikka Trigger set at 1 lb 11 oz
HCA Summit Barrel 24" 1:8
Cerakote and bolt fluting by HCA
Over size bolt knob (HCA is sending me the factory knob shortly which has been cerakoted)
Beas 3 hole directional TI Brake
Bare Rifle on food scale is 7 lbs 4.6 oz

2750 Rifle Only Shipped to your FFL
Pic with bipod and scope was just for a pic HCA sent me not included.

May part with the brand new dies, 100 pieces of new adg brass, box of 100 Berger hybrid target bullets and box of 100 156 eol (On the fence with this as I still want a 6.5 saum)

at this point I am so frustrated will entertain trades cash whatever. Just wish I had a need for this.
Have you considered just Re-stocking it before you get rid of it? May be a cheap fix to a beautiful gun...then sell just your stock to recover the price of a lighter one!!!!! Just me ... thinking out loud!

I have but rather leave as is it's balanced well and super comfy so worse case I keep use for steel abs back up

PM it a call works out in the river shooting a few ducks I'll be hime around 1 if want a call.