HBN bullet coating question

DartonJager

I have decided to give HBN coating of my bullets a try. My situation is such I have to do my reloading often a month or more (sometimes quite a bit more) in advance of a range trip the fact HBN eliminates "cold welding" of bullets to the inside neck is one of the reasons I wish to try it. It is not uncommon for my reloads to sit for 3 or more months before they get shot.

I was wondering if once you coat your bullets is there any special procedures you must use for long term storage of coated bullets of say 3 months to as much as a year prior to loading? I panned on coating my bullets then storing them in small appropriate sized screw top plastic air tight food storage containers. I usually will use one all day reloading session to fully prep my brass then anneal it. Then I do my actual reloading with the second session.

Thanks,
DJ/Art.

I have decided to give HBN coating of my bullets a try. My situation is such I have to do my reloading often a month or more (sometimes quite a bit more) in advance of a range trip the fact HBN eliminates "cold welding" of bullets to the inside neck is one of the reasons I wish to try it. It is not uncommon for my reloads to sit for 3 or more months before they get shot.

I was wondering if once you coat your bullets is there any special procedures you must use for long term storage of coated bullets of say 3 months to as much as a year prior to loading? I panned on coating my bullets then storing them in small appropriate sized screw top plastic air tight food storage containers. I usually will use one all day reloading session to fully prep my brass then anneal it. Then I do my actual reloading with the second session.

Thanks,
DJ/Art.
I've coded my bullets and left them for more than a year, loaded and unloaded, no change!

Tom

I would take some care with coated bullets to keep them dry and not handle them alot or let them roll around in my pocket or something to that effect. Other than that I don't think any precautions are necessary.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.