Hazmat charges

HockeyDad

When you order powder and primers online, is the $19.99 hazmat charge per order or per item? If I order 2 sleeves of primers and 2 lbs of powders am I going to get hit with 80 bucks in hazmat charges?

When you order powder and primers online, is the $19.99 hazmat charge per order or per item? If I order 2 sleeves of primers and 2 lbs of powders am I going to get hit with 80 bucks in hazmat charges?
Depends
the retailer you buy from for the order will charge the HazMat for the powder & primers. Some will charge separate HazMat & shipping due to cannot ship Primers and Powder in the same package per Haz Mat shipping regulations. It is so messed up now with retailers only shipping (1) pound of powder per order and only (1) brick of Primers(1,000) per order.
Typically, you only pay haz & ship for each order depending on quantity. I think it is a 40# limit of powder for each order. (Good luck on getting 40#s at one time from a retailer on the internet).
We just started purchasing powder and primers this past year. Every time a retailer had the powder we wanted-they did not have the primers and when they had the primers - they did not have the powder we wanted. we only purchased powder when we could get 8# jugs or the 5# limit and also with the Primers at (5) brick limits. Too expensive to just purchase 1# of powder or 1 Brick of primers and have to pay HazMat & Ship.
Natchez was selling 8#s or (5) 1#s of powder along with (5) bricks of Primers of each item # So in theory you could buy the limit, each, on several different powders and primers on the same order.