Hawken Blues

FrontierGander

Today was friggin perfect for shooting! Now and then I'd get a gust of wind in my face but it would die down, I'd cock the hammer, squeeze the trigger then go take a picture of the target.

Let me tell you, This Hawken is READY! There's no messing around with it, its ON and accuracy is so-so for the distance I was shooting.

The balls are .570" cast from a Lyman mold and drop at 277-278.8 grains. I weighed out all my balls and kept them within the range listed.

100gr Goex 2f black powder
.020" patch lubed with Bear grease
Swabbed between each shot until bore was CLEAN
Remington #11 Percussion caps

Now on shots 3- 6 ( 6 not listed due to it being an experimental - cant the barrel and shoot test) the sun light was awesome but as time went on, the sun moved behind the tree I was under and gave me bad sight glare. I countered with the blue tape as a sun shade but bright blue against a german silver front sight turns that silver sight blue and fuzzy as I found out! Next time, I will bring the tan masking tape.
IMG_3300_zpscfee3971.jpg

IMG_3302_zpsc895012a.jpg

IMG_3304_zps09f2c6d6.jpg

IMG_3306_zpsdecd470c.jpg

IMG_3305_zps94bb9e7e.jpg

This was from 150 yards guys. I don't even want to try it at 100 yards! Its all long range from now on LOL.
IMG_3301_zpsfc20eb12.jpg

Good shootin there Jon , I need to try that with my .62 as the BC will be a little better than the .58's. Just need to replace the rear sight to allow for more adjustment.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts