Hawke scopes

burhead

Anybody had any experience with the Hawke scopes? Thinking about a 6x24 or an 8x32 for my 6x47 lapua for praire dogs.

LRHcustomsearch_zpsa1485285.jpg

I have the 4-16x50mm Sidewinder 30 on my .340 Weatherby. This will be my first year hunting with this setup. My brother has the Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14 X50mm (I cant remember exact power range adjustment) on his .300 Weatherby. At the range the other day we switched guns several times comparing scopes and we both came to the conclusion that the Zeiss had only a very slight brightness advantage. As far as clarity, we could not see anything more with the Zeiss over the Hawke, yes they are that good! I will say the Zeiss had better fit and finish but not near the options of the Hawke. I truly believe Hawke right now is among the best scope for the money on the market today period. The one major downfall to me is the Hawke is heavy. It comes with a very nice case and all the goodies.

Hawke had some BAD products years past but in the past few years have really stepped up to another level from what I hear and it shows. . As of right now, I would have zero restraint on buying another one. And if you do buy one, call Bruce at High Power Optics, a site sponsor on here. Top notch guy and I actually did a review on his scope mounting kit that I have yet to publish thanks to delays from work keeping me from finishing it (sorry Bruce, I haven't forgot about you).

A person can follow the name snob herd's and buy something just for the name or one can do their homework and save hundred's of dollars and laugh at the others.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.