Hawke Anti Cant Level

Punisher

i purchased a Hawke anti cant level at the gun show for $10. i mounted it to my pic rail and put a level on my turret and leveled the gun...

prepare to be surprised...

the bubble on my level is all of the way to the left side.

does everybody deal with this? or is it just me?

here is the catch, i don't want to replace it with a ring mounted version. i want it to be smaller and more streamlined to carry on my backpack.

i purchased a Hawke anti cant level at the gun show for $10. i mounted it to my pic rail and put a level on my turret and leveled the gun...

prepare to be surprised...

the bubble on my level is all of the way to the left side.

does everybody deal with this? or is it just me?

here is the catch, i don't want to replace it with a ring mounted version. i want it to be smaller and more streamlined to carry on my backpack.

If it's a true MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail mount; it sounds to me like the bubble/level tube is itself is bad or your mount is not on correctly mounted do to being off set when it was drilled at tapped. In either case your pretty much screwed.
Have your mount double checked to be sure it's level on the rifle.
Good luck

Cheer's

Not surprising. You need to decide what you want level in the field.
For me, it's elevation adjustment.
I don't care about reticle, turret, rings, base, action, or stock. Just elevation travel as scope adjusted.

Not surprising. You need to decide what you want level in the field.
For me, it's elevation adjustment.
I don't care about reticle, turret, rings, base, action, or stock. Just elevation travel as scope adjusted.

I'm right with you on that, but if I am holding the rifle at an angle, it's just like havin a misaligned vertical adjustment.

I really need the level to know if I'm holding it straight in the field. But I don't really know what to do to this thing to make it work without majorly modifying it... Or replacing it.

Draw a plumb line on wall and compare reticule to your anti cant. Your rifle also as Miker said track on a plumb line for turret adjustment

Do I understand this correctly?
You leveled the action, then leveled the scope, and your Hawke anti-cant level doesn't agree with the other two?
Only reason I ask is that it's important to go through the leveling process one step at a time in the correct order and, even though you may have done that, others who are new to the scope set up procedures may miss the point if we're not clear in our discussion.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.