Having trouble sighting in

If you are maxed out to adjust down below 2" high at 100, live with it; only 2 inches high at 100, should be a tiny bit high at 200 and able to adjust up to 1,000 or so - that's what the 20 MOA rail is for. All this assumes the zero stop has been used correctly.

This doesn't help if he ever changes loads. Lack of travel up or down not allowing him to zero POA to POI is not optimal.

I vote zero stop...

I bought nightforce mounts, took the cap off and used a penny to center up the crosshairs with the looking down the barrel. Gonna go try it out now

Attachments

• 47461781-27DC-4484-9E85-46C6765C9658.jpeg
    47461781-27DC-4484-9E85-46C6765C9658.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
This doesn't help if he ever changes loads. Lack of travel up or down not allowing him to zero POA to POI is not optimal.

I vote zero atop

Oh I agree with this, 100%. you just don't wanna leave more than your need to to Accommodate for environmentals or different loads. With my 6.5 I was leaving like 8mils on the table with just a 20 MOA / 6MIL base. Added another 20 MOA to the mount and left myself with 2 Mils to
play with and the reset to dial out.

Just trying to maximize your optics come ups is all

Last edited:
I recently bought a Remington 700 Sendero chambered in 300 Wby. I installed nightforce 20MOA picatinny rail, 30mm ARMS throw lever rings, and a VX5 3-15x44 CDS-ZL2 scope. Problem is I'm shooting about 2' high at 100 yards and don't have enough adjustment in the turret to compensate. View attachment 296092
Very common with 20 moa bases....sight your gun in at 200 yard Zero, or even 300.

The instructions aren't very good
I agree, I'm actually on the phone with leupold right now because I cant remember what I ended up doing. It was last November right before deer season. If you really dont want to mess with it, go by a 0 moa base, and youll be set but Im in 17th position in que with tech support, Im really curious as to what I did.

I don't know about anyone else but I always zero my hunting bullets 2 inch high at 100. That way i am already good for 200 and still point to aim at 300. So what Is the problem, you have massive amounts of elevation to work with at really long distance. 🙂

OK, so.....you took the the turret cap off correct? From there you dial your scope into zero, then put the top cap back on and that sets your "zero stop" I wanted to check before I lied to you about what I thought I did. IF you have not taken the little set screw out of the turret and pulled it off yet, that should get ya set up.