Having hell with my new 300win

SouthLoganCountyShooter

10/2020 production date 700 300win sps.
I've tried 165nbt, 168ablr, 180sgk, 180fed fusion, 155 (I think they are nos match they shot best). Have tried doing 3 shot ladder/ group test with 7828, 4831, 4451, re26.
I just floated the stock and changed out the new Burris veracity to make sure it's not the scope.
Everything is tourqed to spec.

anyone have recommendations for bullet to try. I'm going to run hammer bullets but want to try to get it to group before I start sending 1.25 pills down the pipe. Best group is 155 like 1.5moa. the rest is 2.5-3moa

If you've tried that many bullets unsuccessfully, look to the rifle.

Does the action need skim bedding? Is the magazine, bolt, safety or trigger housing, or bolt handle, touching the stock anywhere or are there any other contact points?

Something is keeping the rifle from shooting and vibrating normally. It's probably somewhere in the rifle (and hopefully not in the barrel!)

Are you a 1-2 moa shooter? (Always a fair question)

Is your groups only on a bench or have you tried multiple positions? (Flinch or comfort with a magnum)

What torque specs did you use for action screws?

Do you have chrono data?

I'm assuming this is at 100y? (Also fair question, both for group relatively, and that people are still stuck in their ways on here)

Is the group size just large, or is there vertical stringing?

What's your experience level reloading?

Last edited:

Is your groups only on a bench or have you tried multiple positions? (Flinch or comfort with a magnum)

Do you have chrono data?

I'm assuming this is at 100y? (Also fair question, both for group relatively, and that people are still stuck in their ways on here)

I strive for 1/2moa or better. I'm not a competition shooter but have a 500 yard range at my house. Been reloading for 25+ years. I've tried seating depth from 5 thousands off lands to book spec length. I'll have to look at notes for Chrono numbers.(I'm at work.) Large groups.

Do you have chrono data?

Sorry forgot I've shot off bench, and laying down. I 7 magnum rifles I shoot quite often. I'm not recoil sensitive.

Long story/journey short version.
Was given a Rem700 300wm stainless with the grey laminated stock. Tried every quality factory ammo for 2 years, my shot gun gave tighter groups! Sat in the safe a few years then a friend taught me how to reload. 7828 with Berger 210's and got consistent 1" to 1.5", then tried Berger's 215's, AND done!!!

Attachments

• B21DABE7-429B-42D7-904C-03BAE19920E3.jpeg
    B21DABE7-429B-42D7-904C-03BAE19920E3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 182