Have you had success getting Nosler ABLR bullets to group well?

According to Litz, the minimum recommended twist for the 175 ABLR is 1:8.7. You SHOULD be ok with a 1:8.5, but depending on environmental conditions, MV, etc., you might getting into the marginal zone. Just a thought.
When both the fouling target at 200 were great accuracy, muzzle velocity obviously comes into play at 600 during the drop test. Certainly could be the yaw, creating additional drag and contributing the additional 7 inches of drop and scatter on the target. I'm no Bryan Litz in this area. I will assure you I'll never know as I won't be shooting these bullets, as well as the 168 Barnes that at 100 yards they are completely sideways, despite the advertised twist ( which was wrong and changed by a full inch the following year). Berger 180 VLD Hunting is wonderful out of this 7 mag.

When both the fouling target at 200 were great accuracy, muzzle velocity obviously comes into play at 600 during the drop test. Certainly could be the yaw, creating additional drag and contributing the additional 7 inches of drop and scatter on the target. I'm no Bryan Litz in this area. I will assure you I'll never know as I won't be shooting these bullets, as well as the 168 Barnes that at 100 yards they are completely sideways, despite the advertised twist ( which was wrong and changed by a full inch the following year). Berger 180 VLD Hunting is wonderful out of this 7 mag.
I had a similar instance happen with my 22-250. 1-14" twist wouldn't shoot 50 gr zmax and keyholed some. Occasionally it would tease me with a decent group and then a big flyer. Finally I tried an old box of Berger 55gr Match Target flat base and bingo. Shoots just under moa.

1941 Husqvarna military barrel 142 LRAB. Someone forgot to tell it that it shouldn't shoot. Oh ya 6.5x55

Attachments

• 142 LRAB Swede.jpg
    142 LRAB Swede.jpg
    953.8 KB · Views: 76
I lately have a love/hate relationship with Bergers. I've been shooting the hunting VLDs in several calibers for many years. Seems like lately (with last 2 years) something changed with them. I used to get pass throughs every single time, even on a 257 Wby at 3600fps muzzle velocity. But here lately pass through are less common if not non-existent; even on mild calibers like my 308 at 2800fps and 175 VLD hunting.

I love them because they shoot fantastic in pretty much all my rifles. I hate them because regardless of your stance on getting a pass through, I want it to pass through and leak blood from 2 holes rather than one.

Where I hunt we have a lot of CRP fields and if you don't drop them and don't have more holes leaking blood, your gonna have a tough recovery on your hands. When you are wading through 3-4' high grass it's tough.
Don't use em for this exact reason. Inconsistent results with the guys that have used em.

Verification groups, cold bore, small square target is 5/8ths inch per line, other is 1 inch. Info on targets. So they CAN shoot.

Attachments

• 20211004_174812.jpg
    20211004_174812.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
  • 20211004_174805.jpg
    20211004_174805.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83
I had a similar instance happen with my 22-250. 1-14" twist wouldn't shoot 50 gr zmax and keyholed some. Occasionally it would tease me with a decent group and then a big flyer. Finally I tried an old box of Berger 55gr Match Target flat base and bingo. Shoots just under moa.
I had something similar using Hornady 300 grain A-MAX in a Savage 110BA in .338 Lapua Mag. At 100 & 200 yards they were making keyholes but at 300+ yards they seemed to stabilize and the accuracy was reasonable. Dropped back to 285 grain A-MAX and ELD-X and the keyholes stopped and accuracy was less than 1MOA out to 1200 yards if I did my part.

Some rifles just don't like certain bullets or they won't stabilize based on the bullet weight, design and/or twist rate of the barrel.