Have you had success getting Nosler ABLR bullets to group well?

In my rebarreled 270 WSM with a 7 1/2 twist, I shoot the 165 ABLR. I sight in at 200 yards getting 3/4" groups. No other bullet has come close to this accuracy. The best I can get with the 150 ABLR is 1 1/2" group no matter how hard I try. Some guns love certain bullets and others not so much. I shoot this 270 WSM at a 1000 yards. On a nice day my 5 shot groups are 6" with a velocity of over 1600 fps. I love this bullet, have not found any but this one box. Been looking for 6 months, so saving the last 40 bullets for my deer hunts.

With my 27 nosler i shoot the 165's 13 thousandths off the lands and get em to work pretty well. Max load shooting 3200fps

Attachments

• 8165972A-E023-4207-9FCD-342FD7F782EE.jpeg
    8165972A-E023-4207-9FCD-342FD7F782EE.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 62
I'm shooting the 210's out of a 300 rum. My coal is 3.77 and I'm 0.70 off lands. I tried em 0.1, 0.15, 0.25 etc off and they didn't group like I expected. Backed em off and around 0.65 they got a bit better and at 0.70 off was the ticket. I agree, they take a bit to get to shoot. Good luck

So so accuracy outta my 7RM 150gr.
Good vel. & SD's but the groups were .90 moa at my best. I did try various jumps but .020 was the best outta my Savage.
Switched to VLD's and my ladder test of a 4 gr variance was .75 moa
Stayed with the VLD's.

When I started reloading my local gun shop had Grand Slams and Swift bullets. I got the grand slams to group but they didn't perform on a black bear that someone else put down. The Swift A-Frames were fantastic. Some have a cannelure which I don't like. Early on I seated them at the cannelure and got reasonable enough groups that I took game with them. Then I moved to Noslers. When I went back to the A-frames I had been toying with seating depth and found a seating depth for the a-frames in my .270win that shot bug holes. The rounds looked awkward with the cannelure showing above the neck. But they shot just fine. I see that Swift is still making the Scirocco and the A-frame and some are available. I ordered some to have on hand just in case the Noslers stay scarce. The Scirocco's have alot of the long range characteristics of the ABLR's. I got good groups out of them right off the bat and refined them with seating depth adjustments. I shoot 30-06, 270win, .243win and 6mm Rem. None of my twist rates allow me to shoot the mono bullets. I have no reason to re barrel anything now but when I do will will choose a twist rate that allows me to shoot mono's.

I shot the 168's for years in my 7mm RM, and more recently the 210's in my sons 300 WM. Seating depth made a big difference in accuracy. My 7mm RM liked 10 thousands off, but the 300 WM wouldn't shoot until I got to 70 thousands.

I've shot probably $3000 worth of ABLR thru 10 different rifles and have only been successful in getting a couple to group under 1 MOA. I've had even worse luck with Partitions and Swift bullets so I cannot lend any constructive advice. I have been impressed with the Berger and Barnes accuracy in my rifles and have just started to experiment with the Hammer line across several calibers. the Hammers show potential and as I learn more about them, will probably be loaded in some of my hunting rifles for next year. But no, I am not of fan of Nosler bullets, whether it be accuracy or performance on game. And from another topic, some have had issues with Nosler premium loaded ammunition as well.

I've tried them in lots of different rifles. I found them to be very finicky. Most rifles (about 6) just would not group well with them. My friends Sako in 7mm Mag was the only one where I was able to get great groups. One in seven were odds that were too expensive for me. Nowadays, when I have a need for a bonded bullet, I go with the regular AB. I never seem to have a problem find a load and grouping that work for me.

I tried them several years ago in 6.5 and .30. Mediocre accuracy at best. I gave up. Regular AccuBonds were better and I've used quite a variety of them in many rifles, but I've always found other bullets that were more accurate.

I have shot them in my 7/08 and 30-06 and found sub moa accuracy at less than .015 or greater than .140 off the lands. Finicky bullet for sure.

If so please post your method. I've shot hundreds of these things in various calibers and I just cannot get them to produce what I consider an acceptable group. I really want to run these bullets because they should be an excellent hunting bullet and I get outstanding velocities with them in all my rifles. I just havent found the magic trick to good groups with these yet.

This is yesterday's example. 260AI with a 24" 7.5 twist Brux barrel. This barrel will hammer .25 MOA groups all day long with 140 Berger VLD hunting bullets. The shots below are (5) 5 round groups in a ladder increasing .3 grains at each target. The only one I deem even somewhat acceptable is the center target And I know the gun is much more capable than that.
Hi there!
Have you thought about playing with the overall length? Seating the slug deeper or shallower?