Have you had success getting Nosler ABLR bullets to group well?

I got the 30 cal versions to shoot good with a huge jump, but after shooting a few elk with them wasn't impressed. They acted like a slightly more explosive ELDM, but much harder to get to shoot good and more expensive. If your looking for exit wounds then I sure didn't get them out of the 30 cal versions. This was when they first came out maybe they have gotten better.

My only question is this; how far off the lands are you seating the ABLR?
I have been using the 150g ABLR in a 270Bee since they came out, half inch groups are the norm, seated to max mag length.
Also use them in (142g ABLR) in my 264WM seated .030" off with less than half inch groups, the 129g ABLR weren't as good, but still 3/4 MoA.
The 210g ABLR out of 3 of my 300WM all group below 3/4MoA without much fuss. They are seated .040", .030" and one likes .015". Haven't tried than in my 3.4" mag length rifles, take up too much powder space.
Your middle group looks promising, have you tweaked seating depth or changed primers?

Cheers.
Currently sitting at .050 jump.

Currently sitting at .050 jump.
Have you tried closer or further than this?
The 129g ABLR is good only at .080" off in my 6.5x47 Lapua. This only just works, have tried various seating depths, best it can produce is 3/4 MoA and that's across a few rifles in 6.5.
The 142g is a tack driver for me.

Cheers.

0.072" off was best for 210 ABLRs for me. That happened to be Nosler book COL/ SAAMI max of 3.600" in a 300 RUM, which meant they were way down into the case, base was well past the neck/shoulder junction. My groups looked like yours doing coarse seating depth testing, but the winner was 0.5moa width. I went all the way back to 0.125" off, and that shot better than up close to the lands.

Have you tried closer or further than this?
The 129g ABLR is good only at .080" off in my 6.5x47 Lapua. This only just works, have tried various seating depths, best it can produce is 3/4 MoA and that's across a few rifles in 6.5.
The 142g is a tack driver for me.

Cheers.
Interesting. My 6.5x47 shoots the 129 ABLR very well at .020 jump.

I have no played with seating depth yet on the 260AI. The 129s tuned so easily I'm my 6.5x47 I just assumed it would be easy with the 142 on the 260AI.

Soon after their introduction some years back I tried the LRAB's my 6.5x284 and 300WM I was eager to try them because I always had good performance with the Accu Tips and Ballistic Tips with my mid range loads. I found the LRABs with both calibers produced very distinct lot to lot differences in results(.25MOA to +1MOA). Never tried them again so I don't know if this was issue was ever addressed by Nosler.

Last edited:
I've been working on A270 Winchester Remington model 700 and I cannot get them to group at all one day they will be 3/4 inch I'm away next I'm away next day in 2 and a 1/2 next time 2" it's unbelievable I'm not impressed

In my .270win 51.2gr I4350 behind a 150gr Nosler partition seated .020 back gave me sub moa results out to 250yds. One year the Partitions got scarce so I bought 100 150gr ABLR's and loaded them the exact same way. Groups opened up to 1.5" at 100yds and were 1" right and 1.5" high from the partition loads. I fiddled with seating depth and settled on 0.016 seemed to be a sweet spot and again had sub moa at 250yds. Shooting a Sig 970SHR twist in the manual says 1:10. I have taken whitetail out to 600yds with them with good results on the game. Two pass throughs out of three. The partitions always seemed to pass through unless I hit bone.

I have a bunch of .30 caliber 180, 190 and I "think" 210gr (?) ABLRs, that I am having trouble getting to group also. I have two custom built Ruger 77s with Lilja 1-10 barrels, one in 30-06 and the other in 300 WinMag that I have been having trouble to group. I have two other Ruger 77s that were built by the same gunsmith that will group 11/2 inch at 300 yards, so....not too certain that there is a build problem??? These bullets were all purchased from SPS and were considered to be their "BLEMS"; all I can/could find in today's market. I decided that I would try a ladder group of 5 rounds per powder weight with .5 grain increments of 4831SC. I also decided that I would weigh the bullets to eliminate the weight factor variable. While weighing the bullets I found that I had to go through the entire 100 bullets to find 20 bullets that all weighed the same. The particular batch that I weighed varied as much as .5 grains. I was not worried too much about the .1-.2gr bullets, however .4-.5 grains have me concerned a bit. I am not certain if this is the problem with grouping for me, but...certainly something that I am considering. As for the jump, I don't have a whole lot of latitude in this area due to being restricted with the 3.340 magazine box. It also could still be barrel break in???? I hope this might shed some light on your situation, and good luck getting your rifle to group. With the shortage of components it is tough chasing down a problem and using up scarce components.